[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text] You know those days that just feel so hectic? Your mind is constantly buzzing and you can’t seem to catch a break at work… Those days call for some ‘me time’ and we shouldn’t ignore what our mind and body need!
When you feel overwhelmed, it’s usually very hard to find a moment to stop, centre yourself and figure out what it is you need. But not to worry, because the next time you feel frazzled, all you need to do is come back to these easy steps and you’ll have somewhere to start: [/vc_column_text][vc_empty_space][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]
- Relax and Reflect. I know, it’s easier said than done… but that’s precisely it – say it before you do it. Take a seat, grab a pen and paper (or open the notes on your phone) and write down anything and everything that’s going on in your busy mind. What’s been going on for you lately? Alternatively, if you’ve experienced some form of confrontation or disagreement, you can use this time as an outlet to vent and express all your thoughts and feelings.
- Breathe. And no, I don’t mean regular breathing; I mean, relax your shoulders, relax your face, unfurrow your brows and take a deep breathe. Use this moment to ground yourself and practice some mindful breathing techniques.
- Shower. Now the fun stuff starts… Hop into the shower and use your favourite bath products or those you’ve been saving for a special occasion – it’s time to get them out, because self-care is an everyday occasion. If you want to take your self care game to the next level, light a few candles, run yourself a bath and have a soak to your favourite playlist or podcast. Don’t forget to have some clean clothes and a new towel waiting for you on the finish line!
- Skin. My personal favourite way to relax is to lay out some skincare items and take some time to focus on one simple thing. I slowly work through each step, applying each product and giving my serums and oils time to sink into my skin. Don’t forget to bring your products down to your neck and gently massage your face at the highest points to help increase blood flow.
- Food. Woman, please look after your body, your stomach is the brain of your body! Eat some delicious wholesome food, it’s the least you deserve. Start to experiment with cooking and find joy and interest in a homemade meal.
[/vc_column_text][vc_empty_space][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Now that we’ve covered the basics, pop your feet up and turn on your favourite show, or maybe read that book you’ve been dying to get into. Self-care is all about you, so now is the time to take advantage of it!
When bedtime starts to creep up on us, consciously try to cut down your screen time an hour or two before sleeping. Instead, paint your nails, put on some relaxation music, write a to do list or sort out something for tomorrow, whilst avoiding social media. Light a scented candle or clean a little around your room before you go to sleep. [/vc_column_text][vc_empty_space][vc_column_text]Hopefully you’re feeling much more refreshed and centred before it’s time to shut off for the evening. Like all good relationships, giving a healthy amount of attention to your mind and body is just as crucial. Invest in yourself, your time and your wellbeing.
You’re allowed to look after yourself and you shouldn’t have to feel selfish or guilty about it! [/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]