Summer has finally arrived here in the UK and with that in mind it inspired me to write a post about all things that you can do to make you feel Summer ready. So here are 5 things you can do to get you prepped to make the most of this season.
1. Switch Over Your Wardrobe | This is definitely one of my favourite things about the change of season. I love putting away my coats and jumpers and bringing out all my summer dresses and sandals. Correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t think I’m alone in doing this? I have so many clothes now that they don’t all fit in my wardrobe at once so I have to do a seasonal swap over. It’s also a great opportunity to give to charity or sell anything you no longer wear or that just doesn’t make you feel good anymore!
2. Clear Your Clutter | I think this is most definitely the main piece of my own advise I need to take! Our homes, cars and work spaces can easily build up with things we don’t need. A thorough sort out and throw out session can be very therapeutic – “tidy home, tidy mind”. Be honest and ask yourself questions like – when am I ever going to use this? How many of the clothes in your wardrobe do you actually wear and how many times in the last year have I used this? Donate as much as you can to charity and try selling things online too. Be ruthless and you’ll feel better for it!
3. Have a Pamper | I always feel like the transition between spring and summer is when my body needs the most TLC! So it’s nice to set aside some pamper time. I like to start with a full body exfoliate in the shower, hair removal and maybe some fake tan if I’m going to be barring my legs (which, let’s face it haven’t seen the light of day in months!). A face mask is one of my favourite things to treat myself to on a pamper night and it can really help to give you lovely glowing skin for the summer. Lastly I like finish off by painting a pop of colour (usually red) on my nails. I actually find painting my nails really relaxing, I know some people don’t but it’s something I’ve always loved! Getting your hair cut & coloured is a great way to freshen up your look for summer too.
4. Create A Summer Activity Wishlist | I know I am definitely one for being guilty of thinking about all the fun things I want to do over summer but then somehow each year summer comes to an end and I’ve barely gotten around to doing any of them! Creating a wishlist is a way of making sure you make the most of summer and all the (hopefully!) gorgeous weather. Whether it’s BBQ’s, beach days, picnics, festivals or days out with friends. Writing the things I want to do down has made me much more likely to get round planning and organising things!
5. Create a Summer Anthems Playlist | Music is always a big part of my day as it’s a sure fire way to lift my mood, get me going in the mornings or help me wind down before bed. I like to create playlists for these different times of day and my different moods! I’d recommend it to anyone. My ‘Summer Anthems’ playlist is one I’m adding to everyday at the moment with songs like: George Ezra – Paradise, Ella Eyre – Came Here For Love & Zara Larson Lush Life etc. Which gives me all the upbeat summer vibes and perfect to pop on when you’re having a BBQ with your friends!