As much as I am, and always will be, a summer girl at heart I do like to try and embrace each season as they come! I think every season holds it’s own special piece of magic to it. I have created a list of my favourite things about Autumn, see if you agree with them? Hopefully, this post will get you in the mood and excited for the Autumn months ahead!
1. Autumn Colours: The sheer beauty of the colours in nature has to be my absolute FAVOURITE thing about Autumn! The reds, oranges, golds, greens and browns all together are just magical. Let the leaf throwing photos commence!
2. Woodland Walks: I enjoy a woodland walk with crisp fresh air, the sunlight dappled through the trees and multicoloured leaves crunching under my feet. I like to take my camera out with me to capture the beautiful colours and if I’m lucky a scurrying woodland creature!
3. Pumpkins: Did someone say Pumpkin Spiced everything?! This is definitely the time of year when the world goes crazy for everything Pumpkin related especially when it comes in the form of a pumpkin spiced latte. I always enjoy going to my local pumpkin picking farms to see the massive variety they grow and of course get some photos!
4. Knitwear: I do love a cosy knit, preferably with some kind of woodland creature printed on the front! I usually pair mine with a skater skirt and ankle boots or my favourite skinny jeans. Perfect for snuggly days on the sofa or for keeping warm on those woodland walks.
5. Boots: I love my boots! They are comfy, toasty and support my poorly feet and ankles yet they always look so stylish! Whether they’re ankle or knee-high (I don’t own any thigh high!) I love wearing them with skirts/dresses, tights & leg warmers or tucked into my skinny jeans.
6. Autumnal Makeup: This is the time of year to put the nudes/brights to one side and add richer tones in your make up! The colours we wear in our clothing in the autumn really lend themselves to deeper lip colours and plum or copper-toned eye shadows. I really lover a berry lip. They will brighten up your face on those stark cold days.
7. TV Show Premieres: Autumn usually means the start of the new TV season and I settle down to watch a new series of my favourite shows like The Great British Bake Off and Strictly Come Dancing.
8. Lighting: Along with the colours at this time of year the low lighting levels make the outdoors look even more golden and beautiful, perfect for dreamy photography sessions.
9. Halloween: I didn’t do much for Halloween this year except burn my Halloween scented candles and watch the Strictly Come Dancing Halloween Special! However, I usually love Halloween for the pumpkin carving, spooky decorations, fancy dress and the excuse to bake sweet treats.
10. Baking: Due to the increase in rainy days during the Autumn I look for more indoor activities and my love of baking is reignited! There is nothing I love more than the smell of freshly baked cakes, cookies or bread in the oven and the proud feeling of “I made that!”
11. Candles: Whether or not you’re a candle nutcase like me this is the time of year when a lot of people will burn candles. The nights are drawing in and it feels cosy to have some lovely candlelight flickering in your home. The best fragrances are available during autumn/winter too ranging from sweet and spicy pumpkin, frosted berries to those crisp and fresh outdoors scents!
12. Bonfire Night: Holding sparklers in your gloved hands, the scent of toffee apples and watching multicoloured fireworks exploding in the sky – that’s bonfire night to me.