Some people manage to leave breakouts behind in their teens and others, well, we never seem to shake them. Whilst they are completely normal, spots are not what’s hot this summer and what happens when breakouts are increased by wearing masks?
It’s an essential we never saw coming, but with them now a requirement, here’s how to minimise breakouts:
1. Try to wear a primer under your makeup and go for a minimal base and with an extra something on the eyes and brows. They say the eyes are how we communicate post-mask, so make them pop and give the skin a break.
2. Spending a lot of time outside? Let the skin breathe as much as you can. Take off your mask and get a little bit of fresh air, of course only when it’s safe to do so.
3. Don’t wear the mask more than once without cleaning it. Reusable masks are everywhere, so grab one from your favourite small business and give it a clean after each wear. The Cohorted Essentials Edit is the UK’s No.1 PPE Subscription Box; Everything you need for protection and beauty aftercare. Subscribe for just £9.99 a month here.
4. Stay hydrated, always.
5. What are you using when you’re washing your face? Flannels and even cotton pads can prove to be rough on the skin, aggravating it and doing more harm than good. Opt for a soft muslin cloth and your everyday cleanser to grace over the skin. The only harshness the skin should feel is from acids or scrubs, not the things you use with them.
6. And finally, spot treatments are your best friend. There are a number of new ones on the market recently that tackle spots head on when they arrive, whilst minimising the breakout zone itself. Do a little research and see what will work for you!
How are you preventing breakouts this year?