British and naturally derived skincare brand OSKIA are taking the skincare industry by storm. With over 135 international awards, including Best British Brand, OSKIA’s formulations are effectively designed with clinical nutrients to leave the skin with a glowing complexion.
For healthier and happier skin, something Cohorted think we all need in 2021, OSKIA specialise in cellular nutrition with products formulated with vitamins, minerals, proteins and omegas, all combined to improve cellular activity and efficiency. Helping to combat key skin concerns, OSKIA blend all nutrients with high-tech bio-actives, including plant stem cell technology, peptide complexes, antioxidants, prebiotics, enzymes and botanical extracts.
The name OSKIA derives from the ancient Greek for ‘delivering nutrients’ & ‘beauty’ - and this is what inspires us every day”
The Cohorted team couldn’t wait to get our hands on some OSKIA favourites and they well and truly lived up to all expectations…
This lightweight, non-comedogenic serum really is a game changer in terms of hydrating serums and I’ve found myself reaching for it in my everyday routine as the winter weather really starts to kick in.
Formulated with Hyaluronic Acid, Electrolytes, Amino Acids and Oat Ceramides, this serum provides intense biomimetic hydration, whilst calming and comforting the skin. With a technological take on skin hydration, it infuses both instant and long-term moisture clinically proven to increase and regulate skin hydration by up to 34% after 1 hour and 30% 4 weeks*
- OSKIA’s Biomimetic Hydra Complex: comprised of 16 synergistic actives, this hydra complex supports cellular hyaluronic acid synthesis for long term comfort.
- Hyaluronic & Polyglutamic Acid Glycerin: plump the skin and provide instant hydration for thirsty skin.
- Niacinamide: balances skin tone whilst supporting the skin’s own ceramide production. Whilst strengthening the skin’s mantle, niacinamide stimulates the production of collages to benefits skin structure.
- Pro-Vitamin B5: offers long lasting moisture and soothes irritated skin, helping to improve the barrier function and promote healing. Helping to stimulate cellular production and tissue repair, vitamin B5 protects the skin against sunburn and aids hydration.
- Oat Ceramides: helps to sooth and calm the skin whilst repairing the lipid barrier to prevent water loss.
What did I LOVE about this product?
Of all the hydrating serums I’ve tried, the OSKIA Isotonic will be a tough one to beat. The luxurious advanced formula glides on easy and leaves the skin feeling fresh and dewy whilst fighting dull winter skin. This is definitely one for your Christmas list because trust us, your skin will thank you.
*OSKIA Independent Clinical Study 2020 on 40 subjects (mixed ethnicity, skin type and tone with 25% Fitzpatrick 4-6), in accordance with Regulation of the European Parliament and Council Regulation (EC) No 1223/2009 of 30 November 2009 and (EC) No 655/2013 of 10 July 2013 on cosmetics)
– Emma, Head of Partnerships and Editorial
Not only are the Oskia Super-C Smart-Nutrient Capsules the most aesthetic skincare product, they are also an absolute joy to use on the face. It’s really no surprise that they’ve been shortlisted for Best Vitamin C Serum for Neutral Skin at the 2020 Women’s Health Skincare Awards and Editor’s Choice at the 2020 Beauty Shortlist Awards.
Each pot is filled with 60 tangerine, heart-shaped capsules, enclosed with the perfect amount of serum, meaning less faff and product waste. Vitamin C is not the only skin saviour ingredient inside these little capsules. Each pod is packed with Vitamin E, Tomato Lycopene and Squalene – feeding your skin with all the essentials.
If you’re not already aware of the multitude of benefits Vitamin C has on the skin, we de-brief you on the main ones here. Despite doing so many great things for our skin health and appearance, Vitamin C is extremely potent. Which is why Oskia, in this case, believe little and often is better.
Oskia have produced a superior form of stable Vitamin C and Smart Vitamin E which work harmoniously to offer enhanced results at safer, lower levels. Each capsule contains a stable 2% Encapsulated Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate which is proven to be more effective than 20% traditional Ascorbic Acid. Additional nutrients which can be found inside these skin boosting capsules include: Omegas 3, 6 & 9, Phytosterols, Acetate (Vitamin E) and Tocopherol (Vitamin E). Even better, they are vegan and biodegradable! As we all know the controversy around beauty capsules and the environment.
- Encapsulated Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate – A superior, stable form of oil-soluble Vitamin C, deeply and quickly penetrates to a cellular level for bright, glowing, firmer and more even-looking skin. 2%.
- Tocotrienols (Smart Vitamin E) are a much more powerful anti-oxidant form of Vitamin E and supported by Tomato Lycopene, protect the skin against free-radicals, environmental stressors and oxidative damage while also soothing and calming. Unlike traditional Tocopherols, Tocotrienols are also highly anti-inflammatory.
- Jojoba Seed & Sweet Almond Oils – Rich in Omegas and Phytosterols, nourish deeply.
- Squalane – A plant derived, saturated fat, restores the lipid barrier, balances the skin’s natural oils and improves hydration and smoothness. Saturated oils have single bonds within their fatty acid chains, which makes them more stable and resistant to free-radical attack.
What did I LOVE about this product?
Due to the unique oil-serum blend, the formula did not feel heavy or greasy on the skin. The scent was another winner; subtle hints of orange without being too overpowering. My skin was left feeling super nourished, while appearing healthy and radiant after use.
As this product is basically a multi-vitamin boost for you skin, it saves fussing around with other vitamin-based serums. You can be assured that you are getting health, hydration, nourishment and protection all from one product.
If you struggle with applying oils (as they can sometimes be messy) or you’re unsure of how much product to apply (not enough to benefit skin or too much to clog pores) these are ideal! As my first-time using beauty capsules, I can now see what all the fuss is about. As to be quite honest, I thought they were a bit of a marketing con before trialling them for myself.
Overall, I loved the luxurious feel these Oskia Smart-Nutrient Capsules added to my skincare routine. A definite repurchase for me, plus the glass packaging can be re-used as a trinket dish or storage pot. SO cute. If you’re after a boujee skincare item to add to your Christmas list or to treat your beauty loving bestie to, these are the ultimate gift. Plus, they’re orange. And heart shaped. Making them festive- right?
Give your skin a new lease of life in 2021 and super-charge it with the daily dose of Vitamin C it craves.
– Tori, Social Media Executive